Development Associate (Temporary)
Reports to: Director of Development
Schedule: Average of 30 hours/week, Monday–Friday (10 am–4 pm), October 2021–April 2022.
Compensation: Contract, hourly, $20/hour. No benefits.
Bellevue Arts Museum provides a public forum for the community to contemplate, appreciate, and discuss visual culture. We work with audiences, artists, makers, and designers to understand our shared experience of the world.
The Development Associate provides important back-end operational support for the Development team, as well as other departments as needed. This staff member often collaborates with other departments within the Museum, including Admissions, Marketing, and Special Events. This role manages all donor and fundraising platforms and tracks contributed income to verify that data has been entered correctly. Full training with the current staff member in this role will be provided.
- Create and maintain online forms for event registration, memberships, admissions, and donations
- Support Development and Finance with Altru-related tasks as needed (Fiscal year setup, codes setup, membership)
- Support with list pull by using query in Altru as needed
- Update constituent records as needed and manage duplicate records in Altru
- Create weekly contributed revenue report for senior staff and board leadership
- Compile Monthly Museum report for senior staff and board
- Work with Development and Finance staff to regularly reconcile and ensure consistency between donor gift records and accounting systems
- Update historical data files
- Provide Membership Manager with click report from Constant Contact for membership renewal eblast
- Provide ad-hoc reports for Development and Finance, including fundraising event results and seasonal appeal results
Gift Processing & Seasonal Appeals
- Process all contributed gifts and in-kind gifts
- Produce accurate and timely acknowledgement letters
- Assist Development team with seasonal appeals throughout the year by pulling constituent lists, coordinating mailings, and reporting results
Fundraising Event Support
- Lead initial setup for event registration, donation forms, etc.
- (Tasks may vary based on the format of the event. Virtual vs. Onsite.)
- Manage offline donations (checks, matching gifts, early contributions, etc.) and process them from the backend of the system
- Monitor contributions during the event and follow up with donation results
- Revenue reconciliation with Finance and provide revenue report for senior staff
- Send out donor acknowledgement letter after the event
General Office Support
- Collaborate with board members to update annual board handbook (January 2022)
- Order office supplies, including BAM-branded materials
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with MS Office is required
- Experience with Blackbaud Altru, GreaterGiving is a plus
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must pass a background check
Email your resume along with a brief letter of interest to email@example.com.
Bellevue Arts Museum provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellevue Arts Museum complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.