Retail Sales Associate
Department: Museum Store
Reports to: Store Manager
Schedule: Part-time, average of 20 hours/week. Preferably Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. At least one weekend day required. Regular shifts: 11am – 6pm; First Free Friday of each month: 12pm – 8pm; and occasional special events.
Compensation: Part-time hourly, $15/hour. No benefits.
Bellevue Arts Museum provides a public forum for the community to contemplate, appreciate, and discuss visual culture. We work with audiences, artists, makers, and designers to understand our shared experience of the world.
Bellevue Arts Museum is seeking a Retail Sales Associate to provide excellent customer service to all guests and visitors in the Museum Store. This staff member engages with visitors to share information about Museum Store merchandise, as well as the Museum itself.
- Actively engage customers in conversation and actively assist in the understanding, demonstration, description, and selection of merchandise
- Accurately operate point-of-sale and inventory management systems, including the entering of sales information; receiving payment for products; making correct change; processing refunds, exchanges, and voids; and issuing gift certificates and credits
- Reconcile daily sales and prepare deposits and end-of-day reports
- Actively maintain the Store appearance by keeping merchandise neatly organized, dusting and cleaning shelves regularly, and restocking merchandise consistently
- Maintain a good understanding of Store policies and procedures
- Other projects as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma and retail experience preferred
- Must be able to accurately operate a point-of-sale system
- Reliability and dependability
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends, nights, and special events
- Must be able to interact effectively and congenially with customers
- Must pass a background check
Email your resume along with a brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bellevue Arts Museum provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellevue Arts Museum complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.