Guest Services Lead
Status: Full Time, Non-exempt, Hourly
Schedule: Wed – Sun, some evenings; 35–40 hrs/week
Compensation: $18 per/hour; comprehensive employee benefits package
Reports to: Director of Education
ABOUT BELLEVUE ARTS MUSEUM
Bellevue Arts Museum provides a public forum for the community to contemplate, appreciate, and discuss visual culture. We work with audiences, artists, makers, and designers to understand our shared experience of the world.
The Guest Services Lead is responsible for daily operations of the Museum’s admissions desk. This position will provide excellent customer service while welcoming, assisting, and orienting Bellevue Arts Museum guests. This staff person generates financial support for BAM by selling admissions, promoting and selling new/renewing memberships, and supporting the Museum Store. This person should be able to communicate with BAM guests about exhibitions, program information, and promotions. The Guest Services Lead will be responsible for the training and oversight of part-time guest services associates, as well as collaborating with other staff to provide ongoing training for all front-of-house personnel.
- Welcome and greet all Museum guests and process ticket sales.
- Explain and adhere to membership guidelines.
- Provide positive contact with all visitors (via phone, email, and in-person) and ensure their questions and concerns are addressed.
- Keep up to date about current and upcoming exhibitions, events, programs, and store merchandise in order to knowledgably inform guests.
- Troubleshoot and reconcile income discrepancies and database issues as necessary.
- Manage Altru, admissions point of sale, by updating, adding, and removing SKUs as necessary to maintain accurate, effective attendance reporting.
- Provides training for new associates in all aspects of guest services; including all technologies, processes, and reporting.
- Keep admissions desk area clean, organized, and stocked.
- Direct vendors, log package deliveries, and notify appropriate staff.
- Create and send daily, weekly, and monthly attendance reports.
- Other duties assigned.
- Promote and sell memberships and membership renewals to visitors.
- As needed, assist with membership renewal process on a monthly basis, prepare and mail membership packets on a weekly basis.
- Process auction donation requests.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Positive, customer-centric attitude; ability to maintain a welcoming and inclusive approach when dealing with diverse stakeholders.
- Two years of customer service experience with leadership or managerial responsibilities.
- Experience in cash handling.
- Experience with databases and data entry, specifically Altru desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail, especially on record keeping and data entry.
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate needs and be proactive in finding solutions to issues.
- Ability to work well as a part of a team and take initiative.
- Demonstrated dependability and flexibility.
- Interest in the arts and/or desire to be in a museum setting.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19: As a condition of working on BAM premises, all employees must sign an acknowledgement of vaccination status, assumption of risk, waiver and release.
- Applicants must pass a background check before hire.
- Work days are largely spent behind a desk and moving around the Museum front desk area. Occasional extended periods of standing may be required when assisting at Museum events.
- Clear and effective communication in English with volunteers, donors, members, the public, and co-workers is necessary.
- The ability to effectively and regularly operate a computer, keyboard, telephone, and other office machinery, such as copy machines and printers, and the ability to inspect, prepare, and use paperwork, files, equipment, and supplies is necessary.
Submit a recent resume and cover letter with “Guest Services Lead” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Position open until filled.
Bellevue Arts Museum is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.