Event Support Specialist
Reports to: Special Events Manager, collaborates with on-site event manager on an event-specific basis
Department: Special Events
Classification: Part-time, hourly, up to 20 hours per week.
Salary & Benefits: $25/hour
Schedule: On-call, mostly evenings and weekends with possibility of during the week
ABOUT BELLEVUE ARTS MUSEUM
Bellevue Arts Museum provides a public forum for the community to contemplate, appreciate, and discuss visual culture. We work with audiences, artists, makers, and designers to understand our shared experience of the world.
The Event Support Specialist will perform the installation and operation of event audio/video equipment, maintain audio/video equipment and inventory, and provide primary support for set-up and tear-down of all event related equipment. This position supports internal education and exhibition specific programming as well as external private rental events. This position will communicate directly with special events clients, BAM staff, volunteers, and community partners, and should have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Communicate with Operations Manager and events team regarding event needs.
- Maintain equipment in an operable and clean manner.
- Communicate with supervisor about any damage, faulty or needed equipment.
- Achieving event set up and operation with public safety and art safety as foremost priority.
- Set up/tear down of speakers, microphones, audio console and associated cabling and accessories.
- Set up/tear down of video projector, screen, cabling and accessories to interface with client and BAM computers.
- Set up/tear down of spot lighting, accent lighting, stands, cabling and accessories.
- Set up/tear down of tables, chairs, linens, stanchions, benches and other furniture.
- Provide support to clients and events team as needed for questions, trash removal, cleaning supplies, extension cabling and other needs as they arise.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of similar experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow directions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience troubleshooting MAC and PC laptops.
- Adheres to safety measures for cleaning, lifting, moving, and operating equipment.
- Coronavirus/COVID-19: As a condition of working on BAM premises, all employees must sign an acknowledgement of vaccination status, assumption of risk, waiver and release.
- Applicants must pass a background check before hire.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Walk for long periods of time.
- Kneel on hard surfaces.
- Perform repetitive movements.
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Ability to use step stool or ladder.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds above head and 75 pounds to waist height.
Submit a recent resume and cover letter with “Event Support Specialist” in the subject line to email@example.com. No calls, please. Position open until filled.
Bellevue Arts Museum is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.